Tuesday, October 16, 2012

My Fear - World Population

     I have been thinking over this. The fact that the world's population is ever growing is starting to scare me. I want to be able to grow up in a world that will not result in its own world-wide disaster. I know I am not helping by being part of the population itself but I know that it needs to be set under a control in order for me to calm down. I feel that one day, I will wake to find outside of my window... no trees, no water, no grass space... but houses and trashed markets and dust on the grounds. The population, going at the rate it is, is fueling the fear that I might not be able to move to a country side without  having to push and shove my way to stand on some grass. I know, years are a long time, decades can be a long time, centuries even longer, but what is stopping the population from growing so big that we are forced to live on the arctic lands?
     What worries me most are the living conditions we might have to face with over 7billion living on the planet as we speak now. The conditions of life are not at their worst. This is just the beginning of the rest of our lives. The prices world wide are growing and growing, smacking against roofs we never thought would exist. The food sources now are almost all chemical and no organic traces left beside the basic structure of the processed foods. Only a good bit of years ago, did we start using chemicals throughout foods. I have a teacher that has been fed off of "Real" foods, and she does growing of her own. She said she was not used to the chemicals we put into our dinners. Chicken is not supposed to be over sized and looking as if filled with steroids. Meat in T.V. dinners are not to be floppy and rubbery as if they were edible plastic. Nuggets these days do not even taste like chicken. Also, because we are so used to eating these chemicals in our foods, we are used to it. Next thing you know, the food industries could be putting human remains or other junk into the food and we would never know, because just as the chemicals, we would get used to it.
     Cancer rates have gone up since the chemicals have been getting placed into what we eat. Other chronic diseases are starting to form out of almost nowhere. The weight gain is tremendous and the United states if the fattest country in the World. The U.S. just happens to be the country with the most processed foods too. The downside to this "Free" country, is that there are fatal problems to face other than not enough money for housing and the horrendous crime rates.
     The more space the world's population takes up, the more is being used to feed the population. The housing is getting to be a hassle because of the economy taking a shit. The pollution is getting worse by the second, literally. Why can we not just limit down the amount of people being born? Asians has the right idea. They have passed the law that limits the birth rate of their children down to two per family. Why can we not do that here, or in Mexico, or Africa? The last thing we need is more people born into poverty. Do we need more war, to raise the death rate a little? I do not want more to die with the rate it is happening by, but what will become of us if we do not solve this problem? We have enough dying and killing nature just because we have just too many at a time for one planet to handle.
     This is just but a fear to me, lets not make it a nightmare come true... but then again, what can I do about it?

No comments:

Post a Comment