Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Body Language Observation : Talking With Your Hands, Effecting Explaination Process?

     One or more days I have focused on watching specifically people who talk with their hands a lot. As myself, when I talk to others in public, I automatically move and wave my hands around while explaining something. I might be wrong on this bit of info that I caught by testing it with myself, but I noticed that I have a harder time explaining complicated questions/directions when I restrict myself from using my hands to help me when I talk. I sat in my Math class at my school and payed close attention to what teachers asked others and/or myself. When he/she asked me a question... I let observed how I answered it, and as always, used my hands while explaining. Then, with my luck, the teacher asked the same question later in the day. I tried to answer it again but I kept my hands under my desk to keep them from moving, and I could not answer the question as accurately. Maybe I am the only person to notice this, and maybe I am the only person I know that actually has that problem. Then again, I have not observed the world yet, only myself. I must get more info on that soon I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment