Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Upset at Government : Underage rules of protection against danger.

     I had heard somewhere that people under the age of 18 in Wisconsin (and maybe other states) cannot hold weapons/objects to defend themselves against dangerous situations?
     My mother called the services (police or something) and asked where I could buy pepper spray. She talked with them and they told her that it is against the law for me, and underage girl, to carry pepper spray. I am well in my teen years but not an 18yr old yet. How can I not carry something with me to protect myself? I cannot carry a knife, of course, but they say I also cannot carry something as simple as that? I understand that other teenagers my age are fools that like to play around and hurt others and get hurt, but I have more sense, and so do a lot of other teenagers. People tell me I am pretty and such, and people in public do pull over and ask me to come with them. I have enough sense to know what they want, and I refuse to go with them. What if one day, one refuses to take my "No." answer, and gets out to grab me? I am not allowed to carry defensive weapons and I am weak due to me being underweight and thin. What am I to do then? Those my age who have been in the same situation are vulnerable to being taken and such. What are we to do, fail at defending ourselves and end up on the news paper or on a milk carton? I hope to all life not. I suggest and I request that they lift that law so at least we are a bit safer and maybe we can get rid of the ever so high rape counts we have in this state. Laws and restrictions like that make me sick to even think of it, and it also makes me paranoid of going outside and going to and from school and other places I need to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment